For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Marketing Source Ltd, with registered office at 42-50 Hersham Road, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey KT12 1RZ, a company registered in England and Wales under no. 05350329. Marketing Source Ltd is registered under the Act under Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) registration number Z9452802. To find out more about the Act, please visit http://ico.org.uk/ where you can also view our ICO registration entry. We are a member of the Direct Marketing Association and follow its code of practice. We are also accredited with ISO27001 certification as part of our commitment to safeguarding personal information.
Marketing Source Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Collection of your personal information
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways, for example if you submit a contact form to our website, or if you telephone, or email us. We may collect the following information:
- your name
- your contact details including email address and telephone number
- the organisation you represent
- the product(s) or service(s) you are interested in
- recruitment details for a job vacancy
Some of the information we collect may be personal information. Personal information falls into three categories:
- identifiable information which is any information about you from which you can be personally identified, common examples include your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers or email addresses;
- anonymous information which is information that does not identify you personally but categorises you into groups or sectors, common example include demographic information such as age group, gender, marital status, income or the number of people in your household; and
- lifestyle information which is information about your way of life and interests and similar anonymous information, it does not identify you personally.
Use and retention of your personal information
The personal information we collect directly is used to:
- provide you with information about the products and services we offer
- provide you with a more personalised service
- improve our products and services
- conduct market research
- handle recruitment and filling vacancies within Equiniti Cyber Security
We only use your information for 3 years, for modelling, analysis, aggregation, segmentation and suppression purposes (an example of use for one of such purposes would be suppression of a record if a postal address became out of date).
Depending on what personal information we hold about you, we may contact you by post, email, social media, online advertising, telephone, mobile, SMS and MMS text message.
General disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets.
- If Marketing Source Ltd, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
Security and storage of personal information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We are accredited with the ISO27001 certification and use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store your personal information on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities.
Your personal information is held by us on our databases which are owned and controlled by us. The databases are stored on secure servers based in the United Kingdom.
or by writing to:
Equiniti Cyber Security
or by telephoning 0203 784 4460 (UK office hours only).